Newcastle Upon Tyne
Once upon a tyne, Sawdah moved to Newcastle Upon Tyne. She was only 9 years old at the time, and had never been to Newcastle before.
You see, Sawdah had moved around a lot as a child. She never had one location to call home. Little did she know it back then, in hindsight Newcastle would eventually become home.
Sawdah has not seen Newcastle since 2014. There is so much in Newcastle that Sawdah was too young to know, and so much in Newcastle that has changed since she was last there. Here's an attempt of her sharing her memories with the internet void.
- In the United Kingdom
- Specifically in England
- More specifically in North East England
- More more specifically, in the county of Tyne and Wear
It is known for...
- It's Roman history
- Having a piece of Hadrian's wall (Roman Emperor Hardian loved Newcastle, apparently)
- It's Anglo-Saxon and Scandanaivain history
- And having a hard-to-understand accent and Geordie dialect as result of travellers
- Having a fuck ton of bridges. There's like, 26 over the River Tyne (but only 7 of them are popular)
- Being the birthplace of Rockstar Sting from the band, The Police
- Also being the birthplace for the iconic British staple food chain Greggs
- Having THE BEST nightlife in the entire UK
When in Newcastle, you must visit...
- The Quayside (pronounced "key-side")
- Grainger Town (which features the Grainger Market and Chinatown)
- Jesmond Dean to touch some grass
- Wallsend, where you can see where Walls End, specifically Hadrian's Wall. And maybe go to the beach
- The Angel of the North bu Artist Anthony Gromley